INDIVIDUALIZED EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
Your physical therapist performs a detailed examination that may include: Medical history, posture assessment, palpation, movement analysis, nerve, muscle strength, balance and coordination testing, work or sport and functional evaluation. Your treatment plan is designed specifically for your condition to help you to achieve your maximum level of performance and health. Your therapist will teach you how to protect the healing tissue and avoid further injury. We also teach you how to take care of yourself, with prescription of a customized home exercise program. At Flex PT, you get results!
Your therapist is an expert in orthopedic physical therapy, skilled in extensive manual therapies including:
- Myofascial release, medical and sports massage, acupressure
- Joint mobilization/manipulation, visceral manipulation
- Functional training, neuromuscular re-education, balance exam and training
- Muscle energy, PNF, stretching
- Strain/ counterstrain, positional release
- Craniosacral therapy
- Precision exercise and fitness training
Therapeutic Exercises and Functional Activities: Flexibility and strengthening, balance and coordination training, open and closed chain activities, sport specific training, aerobic conditioning, dynamic spinal stabilization, PNF, muscle energy, manual and equipment based resistive exercise, gait training, and precision exercise designed to condition you to return to your work or leisure pursuits.
Areas of Expertise:
- Orthopedic injuries Post-surgical conditions Sports injuries
- Joint disorders and arthritis Joint replacements Spinal pain
- Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia Myofascial Pain TMJ, tension headache
- Hand injuries Neurological disorders Balance Issues
We work closely with your physician and other health professionals.
Communication is the key to good treatment planning and achieving results. We provide up-to-date reports to your doctors to keep them informed of your progress. Note: By New York State law, a physical therapist may evaluate a person for injury prevention and identification, and treat for up to 10 visits or 30 days, whichever occurs first, and refer them to a physician. A physician’s referral is recommended. Ask your doctor how physical therapy can help you, or contact us for more information.
- Ergonomic Assessment and Injury Prevention
- Corporate Injury Prevention Programs and Back School
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment and work injury prevention, on-site Ergonomic analysis
- Stress Management Programs
Our speakers bureau provides outstanding programs to community groups as an educational service. Ask how we can help make your next meeting a success!Physical Therapy