Dr. Schmidt is an expert orthopedic physical therapist with 35 years of clinical expertise and over 10 years of academic experience. As an Approved Provider of continuing education for NY State Boards of Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy, and for the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Inc., (NCBTMB), she updates clinicians internationally on clinical practice guidelines, standards of care, examination and management of injuries, disease, movement impairments and disability. Her winning attitude supports you with the latest research.
- Board-Certified Specialist: Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist, Massage therapist
- Author in peer-reviewed medical journals
- Live conference, seminar, and webinar Presenter for professional associations, NASA Inomedic Health, Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt University Medical, APTA, AMTA, AOTA, IDEA, ACE, and clinics and medical centers across the US.
- Owner: Educise PC, continuing education/rehabilitation
- Expertise: allied health malpractice, personal injury, orthopedics, ergonomics, manual therapy, massage therapy, exercise, fitness and injury prevention and management
Available for: case reviews, examinations, depositions, trials
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of New England;
- Master of Physical Therapy and Bachelor of Health Science, Long Island University, Brooklyn Center;
- Massage Therapy diploma, New York College, Syosset
Licensure: Physical Therapist, Massage Therapist (NY, NH, UT)
Specialty Focus: malpractice, personal injury, orthopedics, rehabilitation, massage therapy, exercise, fitness, ergonomics, manual therapy, mobilization, pain, falls, auto and work injuries, positional release, muscle energy, myofascial release.
Educator: Approved Provider of continuing education:
- National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Inc.
- New York State Boards of Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy
- Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
- Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Certified Professional Speaker, WPN
Author: Peer-reviewed medical journals:
- Assistant editor and author: MOJ Orthopedics and Rheumatology
- Author: Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- International Fascia Research Congress presenter, research author, and conference presenter
- Co-author/contributor: Journey to the Stage, Vol. IV
- American Physical Therapy Association, Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- American Massage Therapy Association
- Department of Homeland Security, founding member; United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Leadership Committee, Women’s Prosperity Network
- Fascia Research Society, founding member
- Curriculum Vitae and references are available upon request.