- This event has passed.
Geriatric Assessment and Intervention… TAMPA FL: Applications for All Levels of Function
October 6, 2018 @ 8:00 am - October 7, 2018 @ 5:30 pm
In this two-day hands-on seminar, clinicians will explore traditional and emerging assessments and interventions to maximize function in elders with mobility and functional impairments including diagnoses ranging from the frail SNF resident to the competitive athlete. This course will help Clinicians master solutions for geriatric care, including pain, diminished strength and flexibility, degenerative changes, balance issues, falls, cognitive decline and pathologies. Concepts in manual therapy, fall prevention, integrative medicine and holistic approaches, and cognitive considerations will be addressed. This seminar covers evidence-based outcome measures and clinical interventions to successfully address the function and mobility problems commonly encountered in older adults.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe physiological changes associated with aging
2. Select and administer outcome measures to identify functional mobility and balance impairments in elders
3. Apply integrative interventions, including manual therapy, fascial release, joint mobilization, therapeutic exercise, balance and neuromuscular re-education, functional training, and alternative medicine approaches to improve mobility and balance, to reduce pain, and improve functional quality of life in elders
4. Provide skilled documentation to show functional change using standardized exams
5. Design an effective plan of care to produce a measurable difference in mobility, balance, pain, and function
6. Discuss current evidence regarding the efficacy of specific clinical interventions on functional outcomes in elders.