Faculty: Theresa A. Schmidt, PT,DPT,MS,OCS,LMT,CEAS,CHy
Fascial impairments contribute to pain, limited mobility and functional disability. Review physiology of the craniosacral fascial systems, assessment and interventions for 3-D transverse fascial planes, and the body’s craniosacral/fascial relationships. Practice craniosacral and fascial releases to release abnormal tension including sacral, frontal, parietal, temporal, occipital and mandibular releases. Apply compression and distraction interventions to facilitate motion of the extremities, joints, cranial base, thoracic outlet, pelvic floor and respiratory diaphragm. Assess fascial strain patterns using general and local listening for posture sway and and balance testing to identify and treat primary fascial tension patterns. Promote fascial mobility using direct and indirect techniques for improved mobility, balanced posture and function. Review current research on the efficacy of this manual therapy to manage pain, promote function and manage mobility limitations.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe fascial and craniosacral anatomy and function in normal and pathological conditions.
- Discuss examination of soft tissue mobility to identify fascial impairments.
- Identify indications and contraindications for myofascial release (MFR) and craniosacral therapy (CST).
- Assess and treat motion restrictions using manual therapy to improve functional mobility.
- Apply craniosacral interventions to frontal, parietal, temporal, occipital, sacrum, and mandibular regions using induction, compression, distraction, and transverse plane releases.
- Discuss current evidence regarding the efficacy of MFR and CST.
Contact hours: Home study: 4, Live: 7
Course type: Home study or Live webinar or workshop
Course category: myofascial
Audience: health professionals
Level: Beginner, intermediate
Teaching techniques include lecture, demonstration video, and question and answer periods.
Credit Hours: Educise PC is an approved provider of continuing education for the NCBTMB, Inc. Educise PC is an approved provider for the NY State Boards of Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy. This seminar is available as a live seminar, webinar or as home study.
©2019 Educise PC. All Rights Reserved.